Sugar Cottage

Thursday

Kids Buttercream Cakes

These were my kids birthday cakes. They were done in buttercream. One is a castle cake for my 3 year old daughter. The castle cake was a large square cake, and I used ice cream cones covered in edible sparkles for the towers and smarties (M&M's) in pink and purple for the walkway. I piped doors and window onto the sides, as well as grass and little flowers all around the edges. I made flags out of sticky backed craft paper and wooden skewers.
My son was 5 and wanted a Wall-E cake. I ended up making the Wall-E cake just a picture of Wall-E because I couldn't find a good way to make a 3D version that would support his giant eyes! argh! I looked around online, but most people that tried it, it didn't look very good. So I just piped the picture on with a star nozzle. He was delighted with it.

No comments: